Sunday, December 6, 2009

I challenged my dt members do use this image in a lo,card,or altered item,and already I have one dt member who did it already,,and I wanted to share the story she told about it,its sad,happy and heartfelt,thanks Denise for sharing it with us and I truely loved the story behind it. The Pin:
This Pin has a great story behind it.
When I was a little girl
my mommom would wear this pin on the label of her coat
every Christmas Season.
She would sit me on her lap,so I could stare at its beauty.
I thought it was the most beautiful thing I ever seen.
After she passed,I thought life would never be the same.
She was my other half and she is gone.
As Christmas approached, I was still deeply saddened.
I didn't think that Christmas would be a happy holiday again.
Two days before Christmas Eve, I received a package from my father.
It had gifts for the kids and me inside.
As my daughter and I unpacked it
There was a small gold box that said Open Now on it
As I opened it,I recognized it instantly.
It was my mommom pin!
My dad knew how much I loved that pin and wanted me to know she
was still with me always.
Needless to say it brightened my day and my Christmas!
Knowing that I can have her near me every holiday from then on out.
Denise


11 comments:

Maggi said...

Denise really did an awesome job responding to the challenge. I hope to get something done on this in a day or two.

caroline hancock said...

So beautiful Denise, both story and LO , cant wait to see what the rest of the team come up with

Denise said...

Aww..thanks Karen. It means alot to me that you all liked it so much. It was very hard for me to journal, but well worth it in the end. Thanks so much for giving us this challenge..ur awesome!

Lili Sulastri Zainal Abidin said...

I was really touched by Denise's story. That's an awesome LO. TFS.

tania said...

such a beautiful layout and lovely story to it!

scrappygal said...

Beautiful lo and story!! Excellent job Denise!

jeanna said...

I love the sketch! And the sample LO is awesome!

Jessica said...

What a great job!

Susan Longman said...

WOW stunning layout ...love it

Toni said...

What a BEAUTIFUL lo & Story!!! Thanks for sharing it with us!!!

Brenda said...

aww that was an awesome story ....made me cry! What a beautiful memory!!!
hugs
Brenda